The funded European collaborative project SALTED aims to add value to existing public datasets and data streams by enriching them through the application of linked data, semantics and artificial intelligence (AI) principles.
The project will integrate and link heterogeneous data sources such as the Internet of Things (IoT), open municipal and central European data portals, websites, and social media so that enriched metadata and contextualization of the data can be generated around these data sources. In addition, AI techniques from Kybeidos are applied to the linked data to create what is known as situational awareness.
The intended end result is the reuse and harmonization of existing data sources to create contextualized digital representations (digital twins) of real-world situations (i.e., events, places, objects, etc.) that not only provide an enhanced understanding of the situation in real-time, but also allow for the prediction of anomalies and/or optimization actions.
The results of the data enrichment will be provided as open, public, real-time data using the FIWARE Generic Enabler Scorpio Context Broker, which will be available as a service (i.e., Linked-Data as a Service - LDaaS), ensuring full compatibility with the NGSI-LD API. In addition, the enriched data will be published on the European Data Portal, for which a Linked Data connector will be developed. The enriched data will support the development of innovative services in different areas, such as smart cities and smart agriculture.
SALTED will follow the principles of reusable atomic services. In addition, a set of business services for the sample areas will demonstrate the value of this approach. As a result, SALTED will help promote data use and accelerate the data economy in Europe.
That is our contribution
- Development of highly scalable big data infrastructures
- Use of analysis methods based on artificial intelligence and machine learning, especially in the area of natural language processing.
- Use of the Kybeidos Smart Data Platform VDPP, own AI services as well as specialized web crawler.
- Connection of atomic services.
- Support for semantization or enrichment of data.
- Attracting new user groups for sustainable use of the targeted SALTED infrastructure.
- Development of situational smart-city applications.
Our project partners
Universidad de Cantabria
The project at a glance
Situation-Aware Linked heTerogeneous Enriched Data (SALTED)
- Universidad de Cantabria
- NEC Corporation
- Institute Mines-Telecom
- Grupo Amper
SALTED is co-funded by the Connecting Europe Facility of the European Union under action number 2020-EU-IA-0274.
- Building highly scalable IT infrastructures.
- Analysis methods with artificial intelligence
- Semantization and enrichment of data
- User groups for SALTED infrastructure
- Situational smart-city applications
- Kybeidos Webcrawler
- Kybeidos NLP-Engine
- Open Source
- FIWARE Scorpio Broker
- NGSI-LD Information Model & API
Dec 2021- June 2023